[Prev][Next][Index]

Java fern

I'm setting up a 40 gal tank with a southeast asian motif, and I wanted
to plant the tank exclusively with Java fern.  However, I'm wondering if Java
fern can in fact be planted INTO the gravel?  Some books that I have read
said that this cannot be done, while others suggest that it CAN be done.
Anyone have any ideas on this?  I suppose then, if Java fern cannot be grown
in gravel, I wouldn't have to use any substrate fertilizer and I would need a
lot of rocks and driftwood.  Thanks for any info.

Yi-Meng Yen