[Prev][Next][Index]

re:black worms

Dave,

I don't have a lot of experience with black worms but have seen warnings in a
number of places about using them because they carry/spread internal
parasites.  I remember one warning on this in a shipment of angels I got from
Angels Plus in Olean,NY (very nice by the way) and I think the other was in a
book on raising discus.  Too bad because one of the few live foods I can
purchase in this area is black worms.

I wonder if its possible to put them in an isolation tank for a awhile with
a medication for parasites (Metrazinol?  spelling is defintely wrong) and then
transfer them?

Jim
aljem3 at attme_att.com