[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Respiration rate of aquatic plants.

Just to add a little bit to John Shane's post on photosynthesis and
respiration in plants (APD, #353, March 21):  It is important to consider
the rate of respiration of aquatic plants.  It turns out to be quite low,
probably hundreds of times lower on a per gram basis when compared to the
respiration of a fish.  So, at night you don't have to worry about your
plants taking a lot of oxygen or adding a lot of CO2.

Where I am wondering what happened to my spring break!