[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Limiting the size of incoming posts

I know that digests-within-digests are becoming an increasingly annoying
problem; to this end, I'm hunting for a way to get Majordomo to reject
all posts over a certain number of K.

The problem is this: setting the max_length option to a smaller size would
merely cause a new digest to be generated.  I'm investigating ways to get
around this; right now it looks like the only way is to change the list
to a non-digest format and then have folks individually set their
subscription options to DIGEST.

I don't know about setting a subject limitation; I'll look into that as
well.  The problem I see with this is that some mailers (VMS, for one)
don't provide a header-editing option; rejecting all posts with a "re:
Aquatic Plants Digest"  would prohibit them from posting to the list.

I'll keep y'all posted on my progress.  Eliminating the repost of entire
digests is my priority at this time but I'm a newbie to Majordomo and having
to do a lot of reading and conferring with Majordomo gurus.

Cynthia