[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Upgrading Lighting

>From: williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil (Williams, Rochelle - DCSPIM)
>Subject: Upgrading Lighting
>
>the tank is unacceptable (tank is in living room).  I'm considering
>purchasing one of the Coralife/Energy Savers Wizard electronic ballast kits
>advertised in That Fish Place catalog.   A kit for two T-8s or two T-12s
>will accommodate various wattage bulbs.  Is it true that you just glue the
>endcaps and bulb holders where you want them to go and stick in a bulb?

Yes, it's simple.  But I wouldn't glue the endcaps.  It would make it very
hard to change bulbs.  Just screw the bulb holders to the hood or canopy,
then slip the endcaps onto the bulbs.  I'd be careful with glue (make sure
to use super strong/waterproof glue) to make sure the bulbs don't fall into
the tank.

Hoa