[Prev][Next][Index]

Thanks for the help

A word of thanks to all who tried to rescue me from myself.
And now a couple of important points.

1. That would be Mr. Pat Bowerman. I am pretty sure. I am not the only one
that makes assumptions, it would seem.
2. I would love to lay my hands on some SAE's, but sadly they are not
available in NW Arkansas.
3. What is everyone using in their filters? Karl Schoeler recommended plain
aquarium gravel for my canister. I was wondering if bio-balls might be
better.
4. As for the book list, I would like to see a rating system(possibly a no.
of stars to indicate quality). I have no interest in buying every aquarium
plant book printed, but I wouldn't mind owning several of the good ones.
5. As for my own faux pas with the trace elements, I know better; I just
don't always do better. Lesson learned.
6. Not every original idea occurs in the mind of an expert. I detect an
elitist attitude in some of our postings. I understand that it is tiresome to
answer the same questions over and over, but, short of making this list a
good ol' boy network, I don't know of a solution. Remember, if you already
know all the answers, you're probably not going to learn much more. I also
find that some of the questions that I regard as obvious, bring responses
that I find surprising and sometimes refreshing.
7. Have our experts always been experts? Perhaps there was a time, not all
that long ago probably, when you folks were beginners and would have traded
all your books just to have the privilege of reading the postings of a group
like this.
8. I would hope that whatever shortcomings I have in expertise, I can
compensate for in other ways. Perhaps by making this list a friendlier,
humbler place. One ant alone can not move much, but ... well, you know the
rest of the story.