[Prev][Next][Index]

No Subject

From:	NAME: DIONIGI MALADORNO
	FUNC: PRCI
	TEL: 201-812-3495 <MALADORD@A1@RNISD0>
To:	NAME: AQUATIC PLANTS <"Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com"@INET@MRGATE@RNISD0>

kcconlin at cae_ca wrote:

Back by popular demand!

  1 Tbsp Chelated Trace Element Mix (7% Iron + B, Mn, Mo, Zn, Cu)
  2 Tsp K2SO4 (potassium sulfate)
  1 Tsp KNO3 (potassium nitrate)
  2.5 Tbsp MgSO4.7H2O (fully hydrated magnesium sulfate, aka epsom salts)
  300mL distilled H2O
  0.5mL 9M HCl (optional)

Thank you! Do you have the phone number of a gardening-grade mail order
supply where I can get the trace element mix (at a lower price than the fish
supply brands) and the potassium salts? Also, do you think I may substitute
the HCl with vinegar (easier to find and handle)?

I gave a look at the content of the CENTRUM vitamin+minerals tablets that my
wife takes. They seem quite rich in micro-nutrients. They are also cheap,
especially because she buys them. Has anyone thought yet about placing a
couple of these tablets in the filter or under the gravel and see what
happens? Wow, if this is a new (working) concept, maybe the "Dionigi's
Economic Fertilization Method" will be referenced in major aquariology
textbooks!

By the way, for those interested in direct replys, my E-mail address in this
list looks different from the one I thought I have. I am trying to find out
if it has changed, or if it is being modified in the process of posting my
letters.

Dionigi