[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #299

> > >From: Elizabeth Worobel <eworobe at cc_UManitoba.CA>
> > >Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 15:00:47 -0600 (CST)
> > >Subject: Re: CO2 and aquatic plants

> As to your second point, physiologists have long suggested that low mat
> forming species make use of CO2 diffusing out of the sediment. The moss
> Fontinalis, for instance, requires very high free CO2 concentrations when
> grown in the lab. This suggests strongly that they are making use of
> sedimentary CO2 in a natural environment.

Ever since I have seen Amano's book I wanted to get Fontinalis Antipyretica
(moss similar to Java moss) without success. Most people have not even
heard of it. Do you have experience growing it, or have access to it?
If so, please let me know.

> Finally, are you going to banish me to the wasteland of sci.aquaria if I
> continue to sign as Dr. dave? There I can talk to myself to my hearts
> content.

Cute!

> Dr. dave

Franc Gorenc              franc at golden_net
Kitchener, Ontario     http://www.golden.net/~franc
Canada