[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #307

>I really don't know where the failure occurred.
 >I didn't mean that the wire actually broke, I
>meant that the insulation had been compromised.

I think I mentioned this before, but I read somewhere on a FAQ that someone
pulled their DIY UGH wires through flexible airline tubing before setup.
Unfortunately, I don't believe I saw a follow-up.  This would seem to be
the perfect solution to the thin-insulator problem.  I'm left wondering,
however, whether the obvious reduction in the speed of heat dissipation
could cause any problems for the wire insulation (heat buildup in the
tubing), *or* whether the slower heat exchange would significantly reduce
the benefits of UGH.  Any thoughts anyone?

Dirk