[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquaclear Filters

In a message dated 96-03-06 04:01:49 EST, Mike Variano wrote:

MV>I was wondering about the noise produced by the Aquaclear filters. I have
several MV>Whispers, and they are all quiet. I have one Aquaclear Mini, and
it tends to buzz. MV>Is it just a lemon? Also when I put CO2 into the Whisper
it makes a racket each MV>time a bubble hits the impeller. I no longer use
that method. Does the Aquclear do MV>the same?  If so is there any way around
it? I do like the rinsable sponge instead of MV>the throw away filters....

My aquaclear will buzz sometimes, it usually means I didn't get the top on
right or something is touching it that shouldn't. I use yeast generated CO2
injection and have never heard any unusual noises from the CO2 bubbles.
Temps in the low 70's and the sun is shining in beautiful Poway, California.
PacNeil at aol_com [Neil Schneider]