[Prev][Next][Index]

Plants and Ammonia

A friend of mine and I are having a decussion as to wheither or not plants
can make use of ammonia. I an about ready to setup a new tank and I wasn't
going to have any bio filter at all. I was planning on using a Magnium 350
for the mechanical filtration and water circulation. He is saying that this
will not work.

I plan on having the tank pretty heavly planted with about 30 neons and some
house keeping fish. The tank will be a 45g high with aprox 2 watts per gal
lighting.

The main question here is will the plants take care of the ammonia/ammonium
and can a tanks be sucessfully setup without biological filtartion?

Allen    (Warm one day cold the next, then warm again)