[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Taking pictures.

From: Ghazanfar K Ghori <ghori at netcom_com>
>  Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 09:41:50 -0500 (EST)
>  Subject: Taking pictures.
>
>      How do you take pictures of your tank? I have a regular camera
>      and the few times Ive tried it the flash reflects off the tank
>      and I get a werid flashy tank picture instead of a good
>      planted tank one. I aint no good at taking pictures.

 The suggestions made so far are all good  You indicate you have a
"regular camera". If as I suspect you are trying to use a
"point-and-shoot" camera;  therein lies your problem.  I think it
necessary to use a single lens reflex.  The point and shoot usually
cannot focus to distances closer than about three feet whereas the
SLR without special lenses can get as close as 15 or 18 inches.  I
would advocate shooting at a slight angle to the glass surface and
using the tank illumination rather than flash.   A tripod would be
very useful to minimize shake.  Send me a direct message if you
would describing exactly what camera you are using and we could take
it from there.    Jack Blumenthal