[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: T-8 vs. T-12 (Here we go again!)

>From: Eric Neustadter <ean at primenet_com>
>Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:59:04 -0700
>Subject: T-8 vs. T-12 (Here we go again!)
>
>For a while now, I've been thinking about designing a new hood.  I've
>currently got two twin-bulb strips, and it's a hassle.  So, I dug
>into the Grainger catalog to pick out bulbs and ballasts.  At first,
>everything seemed easy:
>
>                                CRI     Initial Lumens  Price
>  Phillips 5000K Ultralume T-12  85          2925       $10.96
>  Phillips 5000K TL850 T-8       84          2950       $ 4.64

Hi - I just wanted to check and see what Grainger catalog you were getting
your information from.  I just received my 1996 Catalog (No. 387) and it
appears that they no longer carry Phillips bulbs - as far as I can tell,
they only carry GE/Sylvania fluorescent lamps.  You may have to find
another source for the Phillips lamps, 'cause I don't think you'll be able
to buy the Utralumes at Grainger. (Who knows, maybe they still have some in
stock?)

Hope this prevents some frustration...

Cold and cloudy in Ann Arbor (and wishing I were in record 100 degree heat
down in Texas!),
Steve

 \-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-+-=-/            ____
 /   Steve Robertson, GSRA                       \           |    |
 \   UofM Radiation Laboratory                   /           |    |
 /   3322 EECS Building                          \           |    \_-==-,
 \   (313) 936-0183                              /      _____|           \
 /   svr at eecs_umich.edu                          \      \                 }
 \   http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~svr/   /       {  ,.      *     %
                                                               ~\    ,/
   "Turns out, not where but what you think that                 @, /
         really matters."                                          \!
                          -Dave Matthews