[Prev][Next][Index]

[Q] Apogoneton Crispus

I have three Apogoneton Crispus in my one of my tanks. I am wondering
what are the requirements of this plant at to temp, pH, hardness and
light (I guess I don't have a good reference book handy at this
moment). Also, these plants are said to propagate by seeds only - any
hints how to get them flower? Finally, they're supposed to be given a
rest period in Winter - how should I do that (well, I didn't do it
this year, so perhaps next year).

The tank: 170 L / 50 gal., pH 7.4, KH 7, 2*18W fluorescent cool white
on 7.5 hrs per day (in the morning and evening to supplement the
daylight), no CO2, plants are potted in soil+gravel substrate, the
fish are 4 Cichlasoma Nigrofasciatum, 4 unidentified Cichlasoma sp.,
2 algae eaters (Ancitrus?) and 1 Macropodus Opercularis.

BTW, the cichlids are not harming the plants (yet).

Also general comments on the setup will be appreciated. I am thinking
about adding CO2 this weekend too.

Thanks,

Jan

-----
Jan Fidrmuc
CentER for Economic Research, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
P.O.Box 90153, 5000 LE Tilburg, phone: +31-13-466-8221, fax: +31-13-466-3066
Email: Fidrmuc at KUB_NL.
http://cwis.kub.nl/~few5/center/phd_stud/fidrmuc/home.HTM