[Prev][Next][Index]

CO2 injection & Algae problem

Larry West wrote:

<<I recently added a yeast CO2 system to my 20gallon tank. It seems to be
working fine, and the plants are doing well. I have a question, though.
Through the first bottle, I just had the airline tube dropped in the tank
(no reactor). It would produce one bubble every few seconds. When I changed
the bottole, I also put an airstone on the end of the line. Now, instead of
a bubble every few seconds, I get a continuous stream of tiny bubbles (no
Don Ho jokes, please!). Not a lot, I can barely see the stream. Is this OK?

Larry,

It sounds very good! Many smaller bubbles have a much greater surface area
available for CO2 diffusion than a few large ones.

Paul