[Prev][Next][Index]

Coil Denitrification

Having been lurking in this newsgroup for a few weeks I would like
to begin by thanking you all for your contributing to my eystrain
with this mass of interesting info!

I would like some expert opinion about the usefullness and
construction of coil denitrifiers in a planted tank.
I have a 80l planted tank with a CO2 system and a trickle filter
using Bio-balls. I have wondered if it would a good idea to replace
the bioballs with some other media that supports denitrification (eg
clay tubes) or should I build a coil-denitrifier? The basic
objective is to eliminate the small amount of algae that grows in my
tank and to reduce the number of water changes required.

Gerald Brown

Blue sky, bright sun, cool sea breeze in Melbourne Australia - but
never for to longŠ