[Prev][Next][Index]

RE:WARM YEAST

A couple thoughts about warm yeast... First increasing the
temp. does increase their metabolism, which makes them repro
duce faster, therebye useing up the sugar faster, producing
more CO2 and alchohol. All types of yeast have different
tolerance to alchohol. When your homebrew reaches that
level the yeast dies off. The alchohol level is only about
5 or 6%, so its not worth drinking. Of course this assumes
the sugar level was high enough to attain max alchohol. If
the sugar level is low the yeast just eats it all and dies.
I am presently trying WINE yeast due to its high achohol
tolerance. 12%. It should use more of the sugar and last
longer. I apply this to my homemade beer all the time..
longer