[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Questions about phosphate

Dirk  had questions about phosphates Feb. 12.

Aquatic plants do need phosphates, and the amount in tap water, even with
agricultural runoff and/or additions by the water treatment plant, probably
isn't a lot compared to the needs of a well planted tank.  The best thing
is to get rid of the hair algae with the bleach treatment and control other
types of algae (green water and soft attached algae) well enough so that
you can add phosphates and other nutrients without having an algae
takeover.

Where we had some snow flurries, but I want more!