[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #252

>From: krandall at world_std.com (Karen A Randall)
>Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 10:43:26 -0500
>Subject: Ballasts and T-8's

>> As you have previously noted the above ballast runs the lamps fi
>> and the price is right (US$25 or Can$55). Does anyone know whic
>> part is "electronic" and at what frequency it runs? Its heavy
>> so it must be a hybrid of some sort.
>
>The one I have in my hand says "Electronic Ballast" on it.  It
>also says "60 Hertz"  is that the frequency?

Most probably the 60 Hertz frequency refers to the mains power supply frequency,
hence this only confirms that the appliance is designed to work on a mains
power supply of 60  Hertz (cycles per second).

As an example in my country, Malta, we have a mains voltage of 240 Volts and
a frequency of 50 Hz.
Mark Grech
montrea at mbox_vol.it
Home Page - http://www.vol.it/HTML/HOMES/markgpg.html