[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: CO2 Questions

Re: Yeast amounts for 10 gallon tank

For a ten gallon tank I would start with 1/4 teaspoon yeast. From
there you could work up 1/8 tsp. at a time if the plants required
more. The generator should last three weeks. Fleischmann's is fine.
I use 1/4 tsp. in a fifteen, 1/2 tsp. in a thirty, and 1 tsp. in
my 180 gallon. You are using too much yeast.

Re: CO2 injection methods

The Aquaclear 200 has a small hole in the cover over the impeller
housing into which I fit the airline hose from the CO2 bottle.
The bubbles break up and dissolve nicely.

For the Internal Fluval Filters just drill a hole in the clear
plastic filter cover and attach the airline hose via a nipple
or a mini airline connect. The CO2 bubble that forms is slowly
dissolved as water is sucked through the sponge filter.

--
Dave Whittaker                       ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.CA
Gloucester, Ontario                  dwhitt at magmacom_com