[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Propagating Java Fern

>Subject: Propagating Java Fern
>
>My recently purchased Java Fern is growing many roots on the underside of
>the
>leaves.  I've read about "mother leaves" that turn brown and create many
>babies.
>  However, these leaves are quite green still.  Two of the larger root areas
>have
> a very small fern growths.  How can I create new plants from these root
>areas?

I have found that the more you damage a fern leaf the more babies you'll
get. I'd try cutting the leaf off and letting it float in your tank. Within
a few day's you should see some results.

- Paul

Paul Evad
pevad at kudosnet_com
homepage: http://www.kudosnet.com/
FileMaker Pro ISO magazine: http://www.kudosnet.com/ISO/ISOmain.html
Membership Chairperson of WEAV: http://www.vvv.com/weav/

"Graphic Design, Macintosh training and Technical support, database design,
applescript programming and Web Site design, but I don't do Windows :-)"
__