[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: How to plant A. nana?

>From: gtong at sirius_com (G.Tong)
>Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:21:32 -0800
>Subject: How to plant A. nana?

[snip]

>between 3 and 4 inches long. My questions: how should I plant it? And will

I just shoved mine in the gravel with the rhizome barely peeking out from
the gravel. After a while, it started pushing itself out of the gravel.

>bright light harm it (temporarily, because other plants will grow over it
>in the future)? Thanks.

I found that A. nana would just "survive" under low light. It would
produce light 1 leaf per month. However, it "thrives" under bright light
(2-3 leaves per month). You need to be prepared with an algae crew to
clean up the leaves because it is a favorite spot for spot algae.

Hardjono