[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Frogbig

>As well as being in my tropical tank, requiring regular thinning, it is also
>growing outside in buckets with no fertilizer, regular dilution with
>rainwater, cold weather (well, cold for here... a skim of ice on the birdbath
>one morning out of the last two weeks).  If it's green & growing, you're
>doing the right thing.  It will send feathery roots 2+" down into the water -
>the floating rosettes will get about 5" in diameter, individual leaves 1" or
>so.  Just remember to thin often enough that your substrate plants get some
>light!

If the frogbit is really happy those leafs will be 2" round and will be raised
above the water level.  The roots will be feathery and up to a foot long.
I have lots of these in my filters and there they are very happy.   They
have never done quite as well in my aquariums.

Ed Tomlinson (tomlins at cam_org)
Montreal, Canada

Home of pppdial: http://www.cam.org/~tomlins/pppdial.html