[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: A bad day with CO2...

> From: Mike Bateman <vandi at well_com>
> Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 23:12:21 -0800
> Subject: A bad day with CO2...
>
> I just had an interesting experience with CO2 this week.
<CHOMP>
> sound suddenly sent every cat on a light-speed dash to the basement and
> sent my heart pounding out of my chest.  It took about 2 or 3 seconds
> for me to regain my composure and to realize what had happened.  The CO2
> tank was lying on its side hissing up an eardrum peircing storm.  The
> safety valve had blown again, only this time only inches away from me!

I lived next to a sucba shop in Denver many years ago.
They would sit the tanks in a concrete vat (8-10 inches thick)
while filling them. One sunny Saturday morning a valve on
a tank failed...Without warning, this tank went right through the
roof! I guess that concrete wasn't just to hold the water.

Bill Edwards
Survey Research Lab
Arizona State University