[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Red Plants, their specific requirements

> From: karl.schoeler at tclbbs_com (Karl Schoeler)
>
> Someone out there has done this I am sure.  But what were the
> results?
> I would like opinions based on experience about what will make Rotala
> macranda respond in the strongest manner?
>
> I would also like opinions based on experience about other red plants.

I've found that regular Fe supplement, strong light and a soil containing
substrate all help to enhance the red coloration of plants. I'd suggest
using a chelated Fe supplement at least twice a week. I've noticed a
definite improvement in growth rates since doubling the frequency that
I add Flourish. I presume the strong lighting and many plants consume
or oxidize the available Fe in a few days.

Steve