[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: aphids

All this talk of aphid's in a tank is interesting. But I'm baffled, I
though aphids had wings? How did you get the colony going in the first
place?

I notice that I have a colony of critters living on the glass - they aren't
aphids but they are very small .5mm or less, and under a magnifying glass
almost look like a type of ant with big pincers. They don't seem to be
harming the fish, and occassionally hop around on the surface of the water.
I'm not sure if my fish eat these guys or not. Having aphids living there
as well (as long as they don't migrate to our houseplants) would be a great
way to feed the fish.

- Paul

Paul Evad
pevad at kudosnet_com
homepage: http://www.kudosnet.com/~pevad/Kudos.html
FileMaker Pro ISO magazine: http://www.kudosnet.com/~pevad/ISOmain.html

"Graphic Design, Macintosh training and Technical support, database design,
applescript programming and Web Site design, but I don't do Windows :-)"
__