[Prev][Next][Index]

Mercury vapor lights

I have been following the discussion on lighting for the past several
days and have found the discussion enlightening.  There was a post
several days ago asking about the pros and cons of several types of
lighting methods including thoughts on the use of mercury vapor
lights. There were several responses for FL, metal halide, and
incandescent lights but none for MV.   I have recently purchased three
160 watt MV bulbs for use over a 110 gallon tank to be set up in the
near future.  Has anyone had any experience with MV lighting?  The
fixtures for these lights have not been installed (or purchased) yet and
now is the time for any design changes.  Any thoughts or comments
from users of this type of lighting would be much appreciated.