[Prev][Next][Index]

Dual Light Strip Lights

This is my first post to this list and I want to say how much I have
enjoyed lurking here.  I have learned a lot from your collective
experience.
  I have a standard 20gal/high tank that came with the standard 1 bulb
hood.  Since this is not enough light to grow most plants, I wanted to
know if anyone has had any experience with the Perfecto Dual Light
Strips.  Do these provide enough light for growing plants?  Are there
any other options for those of us who are not handy with DIY projects?
 Since this tank is in the living room I do not want a lot of visible
wires, it needs to look neat.  I have access to stores in Jacksonville,
FL and mail order sources.  Like so many others I do not have a lot of
money to spend.  It is very frustrating for beginners trying to find
hoods with enough light to grow plants when stores just want to sell
you what they have in stock.
  The only thing I have been able to grow is Aponogeton sp.(?). While
these are great I would really like to branch out.
  Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara Burbank