[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #169

On Wed, 3 Jan 1996 15:39:02 -0500 you wrote:
>an undergravel filter which I could dismantle, after I buy a power filter.
>People say they have successful plant tanks with UG filtration. How do you
>vacuum the gravel, when it has laterite and plant tabs?

I do not use laterite.  I figure the mulm does its job.  I do not use
plant tabs.

>Do you not use additives, or do you just use liquid ones?

I use liquid.

>This tank has all this floating debris in it, and it sucks! :)

I have lots of mulm in the gravel and when I stir the gravel it flies
up, but it settles out very quickly.

>I just took out the powerhead because I thought
>there was too much water movement, and maybe thats why nothing was >growing in there. Now the UG is just powered by an air pump.

I use a powerhead.  Used to be 400gph, now I have a 100gph.

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com