[Prev][Next][Index]

Plant auction

I am trying to encourage "planties" to auction plants at local
aquarium society auctions.   To that end, if you send me plants, I
will put them in the SFAS auction and send you all the member's share
of the proceeds (at least, that is the offer for the January auction).
 I might snitch a little of something as it comes by, but probably
not.  Here's how it works:

1.  Thin your plantings this weekend.
2.  Mail me the extras on TUESDAY, US Mail, PRIORITY MAIL to
    Dave Gomberg, 7 Gateview Court, San Francisco CA 94116-1941
3.  Email me so I know to look for your package.
4.  In the email, give me a couple of 20 character lines about your
plants:

           eg:  Apon. madagascarensis
                 Lace plant, leaves to 18"

5.  I will label and bag them and take them to the auction Friday
night.
    You get your money (70% of sales price, as I recall) about three
    weeks later.  The prices they get are comparable to what stores
get.
    The big advantage is that the plants are much nicer.

That's it.  I hope this works out to be beneficial for everyone.

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com