[Prev][Next][Index]

dark period

Stephen Pushak wrote about a dark period

Stephen mentioned 4 (four ! ) dark days as an experiment.

I am afraid your plants cannot sustain many of such dark
periods....

From Dennerle books I subtracted an other sort of "dark
period":

It's on a daily base:
 - mount a proper amount/sort of light
then:
 - light on for 4 hours
 - light off for 2-4 hours (2 hrs. seems to be too little..)
 - light on for 6-8 hours
Total:10-12 hours of light within a period of 12-16 hours.

The more "basic" algae should not be able to adapt to this
scheme; the aquatic plants should (It was tested!).

Your plants should NOT react to this, or they might suffer
too much (I think they did in the experiment you described)!

Succes

Gerard.