Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 08:01:00 EST
From: Fredericks, Thomas A. - VCS <Fredericks at msmail_vet.cornell.edu>
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner <Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com>
Subject: Aponogeton undulatus

     I bought a small and unassuming (what turned out to be) Aponogeton
undulatus while visiting my folks over Thanksgiving.  When I got it, it had
about 5 leaves, each maybe 6" long.  Well, most of the original leaves were
damaged in transit.  But, in the 3 weeks since Thanksgiving, this thing has
put out at least 10 leaves, each around 18" long!  The leaf surfaces are
around 12" x 2.5" and the leaf stalks are around 6" - 8".  This growth has
been unbelievable!  I've read that there is a period of dormancy after
flowering of 2 - 3 months.  Has anyone got any other experience with this
plant?

   - Tom Fredericks
    Van Etten, NY