[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #132

>From: FYEE68A at prodigy_com (MRS ESTELLE L MORSE)
>Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 19:23:55 EST
>Subject: capatable plants with fish
>
>I need to know is what plants I can put in my community tank with the
>follwing: white clouds,pl*cos,neon tetras, glowlight tetras, black
>neons,aeunus & peppered corys,upside-down catfish, clown loach,some
>unknown cichlids (about 1 1/2"), har. rasboras, a female betta,horsed
>faced loach, and sometims transfering guppies to a 2 1/2 gallon tank.
>
>All are listed in a 20 gallon tank with just gravel on the bottom.
>and my pH is 7.0
>

>                              Thank you,
>           <'}}}>< *******    Zack

Zack,

All of the fish you mentioned should do okay with plants except perhaps the
pleco, which tend to eat the smaller, more tender leaves or make holes in
the larger leaves.  But some pleco that are well fed with algae wafers do
not harm plants.  So it depends on the established habits of the individual
plecos, I believe.  Try some plants, and if they are eaten, remove the
pleco.  You can replace it with other algae eaters, such as farlowellas,
ottocinclus, dwarf pleco (peckoltia vitatta), Siamese Algae Eaters, etc.,
none of which will harm plants.

Make sure you have plenty of lights though, so you'll be sure the plants
didn't just die due to lack of sufficient light.

Hoa