[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: aqua-terrarium

Philip,

Several plants used in aquaria can be grown out of water or only
partially submerged - provided the soil is quite wet and the humidity
in the aquaterrarium is high (which is almost by the definition).

I think some or all Cryptocorine sp. should do fine in such conditions.
Anybody with more experience wants to comment?

Jan

> Hello,  I am currently constructing an aqua-terrarium out of a 75g
tank.
> I will be dividing the tank into two sections (75% soil, 25% water) by
> 5.5 inch high piece of glass.  My calculations show that my water
section
> (18x18x5.5) will hold about 7.7g of water.  I am looking for grass-like
> plants that will thrive in 5.5 inches of water.  There is plenty of light
> and the temperature is low 60-70F. The terrarium is going to be
housing
> 2-5 amphibians, but they will not eat the plants, but may
occasionaly
> trample the plants.  Also the water will be filtered.  If anyone out
> there has a similar setup or any sugestions I would appreciate any
> help.  Thanks in advance.

-----
Jan Fidrmuc
CentER for Economic Research, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
P.O.Box 90153, 5000 LE Tilburg, phone: +31-13-466-8221, fax: +31-13-466-3066
Email: Fidrmuc at KUB_NL.