[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #128

Interesting to hear about problems to keep the tank warm. I live in
Holland, and I never experienced a power outage longer than about an
hour.
I do have another problem however. Last summer the temperature
outside was about 35  C for a few weeks. That combined with the
"heat" produced by the lamps made it impossible to keep the temperature
to my normal level of about 25 C. (it went up to  more than 32 C )
 I don t have airco, the normal temperature here is about 20-30 C in the summer
(and it nearly always rains....).

This stopped the plants from growing altogether. None of them died,
but especially the ones that grow near the surface had a hard time.
Now most of the plants are growing fine again. The ones that suffered
most were the Aponogeton crispus, and Cabomba spec. The fish are still
alive but I grew a bit worried after three weeks.

There must be other people that had the same problems.
I d like to be prepared for next year, so if anyone has a solution or
an idea please respond.

Thanks in advance!
Groeten,

Frank Kerkhoven