[Prev][Next][Index]

A novic and a shot of CO2 Yeast

 I think it everybody's dream is to have a lush aquarium with the minimum
fiddle.   I can
only say that the first part is me, The second part is what I can't help to
do. It seems that
every other day I have my hand in the water to try something new.  Maybe
that's my
problem, I worry to much.  I WANT GREEN, ALLOTS OF GREEN.  so I came across
the
yeast generating CO2 set-up.  O.K. I'll give it a try,  So its been set up
for three days now
and well,  I don't know.  I'm trying it, I hope I'll have good luck,  But I'm
(yes that right
I'M) worried, All in all my plants are doing O.K. some grow slow so grow
fast, I don't
know how to get my dKH (carbonate hardness),  my question is should I be
staying away
from this until I have figured out my lighting requirement and Iron
supplements and the
other test that I should take into consideration or should I run with it.
 There's also a question I have to about CO2 and filters. I have a back
filter and one
powerhead They really seem to kick up a wake in the water, so I know I'm not
having a
problem getting enough Oxygen to my fish in the day and my plants at night
but POOF I
dont have any CO2, Right?   Well how about leaving the filters off during the
day, Is that
a good Idea or am I just going to shot me self in the foot? Will the plants
get the needed
nutrients and circulation around there roots? Will the plants get cold roots
during the
10plus hours of no filtration?   I really NEEDED to spill out my heart on the
I-way, So if
someone can stop by and pick up my heart for my plants I would be in your
debt.
            sincerely, the worried violinist