[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #9

Shiao Wang said....

>Once in a while, someone asks about the composition of aquatic plant nutrient
>supplements. The following is the composition of the micronutrient mix I
>use. Each liter contains:
>
>EDTA sodium ferric salt (chelated iron)       40 g
>Na2MoO4.2H2O (molybdenum)                    250 mg
>H3BO3        (boron)                           3 g
>MnCl2.4H2O   (manganese)                      10 g
>ZnSO4.7H2O   (zinc)                            2 g
>CoCl2.6H2O   (cobalt)                         25 mg
>CuSO4.5H2O   (copper)                         25 mg

>If anyone has any suggestions or pointers concerning the micronutrient mix
>that I use, I'd very much like to hear from you.

How important is the cobalt? The mean level in the water leaving the
treatment plant here in Ottawa is 0.0041 ppm as Co. Measuring out 25 mg
on my bathroom scale would be problematic.

You must have enough chemicals to last a century. You should be selling
this stuff. I like the proportions of your mix. Have you ever encountered
th effects of any micronutrient deficiencies/toxicities?

--
Regards,

Dave