aquatic-plants at actwin_com, not owner-aquatic-plants at actwin_com.

-Shaji

---forwarded message---->

Oct 09 10:36:00 1995

 To:         'owner-aquatic-plants at ActWin_com'                 (BNR400)
 From:       'shlam at plato_eee.hku.hk'                          (BNR400)
 Subject:    DIY undergravel heater

Hi,

I made a DIY UG heater as per instructions given by Uwe Behler on
*.aquaria.  I used AWG 30 wire wrapping wire as it was the thinnest
wire with adequate insulation I could obtain then.

I found some heater cable in a electronics surplus shop the other day.
On it, there are some markings
	E56198 RU AWM 3323 200 C 300 V
which means it can stand up to 200 degree centigrade and 300 volts.
The resistance is 90 Ohm/yard.  I think it may be useful for DIY
UG heater.  It costs about $1 per yard.  If you are interested in
getting some, please send me a message.  Do not reply to the list.

Cheerio,
Shing
---
Shing LAM 	    shlam at plato_eee.hku.hk
office: Dept. of EEE, HKU, Pokfulam Road, HONG KONG
snail mail: PO Box 62754, Kwun Tong Post Office, HONG KONG
office: +852 28592728	 fax:	+852 25598738