[Prev][Next][Index]

re:Roof de-icing cables

>From what I can see, we wouldn't need to worry about putting them under
>water, because they're already waterproof.  What else do we need to
>consider?

Living in Dallas, ice and snow accumulation on the roof just isn't a
consideration, so I don't know a lot about roof de-icing cables.

I thought of one few thing worth researching:

Do the insulators release any toxins?  They may or may not.  They are likely to
be UV resistant, and they may also have an anti-foulant ingredient.  If they
release any toxins, you obviously don't want them.

Also, depending on how warm they get, you might wind up cooking your plants.

Anyways, these are just thoughts.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc. Dallas, TX USA
(214) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  pgr at msg_ti.com Subj:PAGE:David Webb