[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Snail Problem Solved

I think with the help of many of you on the list, the snail infestation
problem is solved.  For the paltry sum of $.99 I purchased a Botia morleti
(skunk botia) at the local fish store and he seems to have taken care of the
snails.  Every moring I'd see at least 50-60 snails on the glass, now after a
week there are less than 10.  I did not change the water chemistry and only
maintained my weekly 20% water change.  The 'skunk' even leaves the discus
alone making an interesting addition to the tank.  The plants in the tank
remain unaffected except for long stringy algea growing on the leaves.

Thanks All,
Rich   {Tucson}