[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Optimum iron concentration

> From: ac554 at freenet_carleton.ca (David Whittaker)
> >From: "T. Misiak" <misiak at fsu_fsufay.edu>
> >	What is the "optimum" iron concentration for good plant growth
> >that is still  safe for all the aquarium fish?  TIA.
> 0.3 ppm iron as Fe is safe for all fish and plants as far as I know.

I recall some discussion that .1 ppm is more than adequate concentration
for plant requirements and I think it is what most folks aim for.
I think David is suggesting that .3 would be as high as you would go
if you were not dosing everyday or at least weekly since this
concentration will drop overtime.

Steve