[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Want Val. torta/tortissima

>From: gomberg at wcf_com (Dave Gomberg)
>Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 16:46:24 PDT
>Subject: Want Val. torta/tortissima

>>I am seeking Vallisneria torta (also called tortissima and tortafoglio, I
believe).  It is somewhat like corkscrew val but turns 10-20 half turns per
leaf, not 3-6.  Does anyone know how I can get some?<<

I have it (in case no-one has answered you yet :), and am even relatively
near you... in lovely Santa Cruz.  Actually have just waded through APD's
from before Sept 1st (it's been busy) and am pretty overwhelmed by all the
activity!

Recent Nice Things in my fishy life:
1) had my first income from the hobby - sold about 20 nice fat Val tortas to
my local favorite fish store last week.  A thrill to walk in a few days later
& see *my* plants for sale in their tanks.  Biggest one I pulled was about 3
or 4 feet long!
2) my Lamprologus Ocellatus (gold) spawned!  Yippee!  I'm sure it was because
I had stuck a few plants in the tank the week before (wink wink)... a "mutt"
mix, geographically speaking, of Java fern, Anubias nana, and Bacopa.  Happy
sigh.  Babies are a week+ old now - big enough to see facial expressions on
'em (hehe).

Nice to be caught up again!

Anne Hull Seales
Santa Cruz, CA