[Prev][Next][Index]

Medications and Epsom Salts

>From: Kevin Conlin <kcconlin at zola_cae.ca>
>Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 09:55:31 -0400
>Subject: Re: Effect of medications

Not responding to you in particular, Kevin.  Just jumping onto this thread.<g>
I just wanted to point out that the October 1993 issue of FAMA has a very
good article titled "Chemical Treatment Of Ectoparasites Afllicting Fish -
Causes and Cures", written by Joe Gargas.  This article covers lots of chemical
treatments, side effects, levels of toxicity, and the effects on nitrifying
bacteria.  A "must read", IMHO.<g>
>From: stevensj at calshp_cals.wisc.edu
>Date: Tue, 19 Sep 95 9:46:18 CDT
>Subject: Re: Holes in echinodorus leaves

Joanne:

<Dave's stuff deleted>

>I think it's probably a magnesium deficiency, especially if the holes are
>slightly yellow & turn browner with time.  Are you by chance using
>Dupla 24 drops & Dupla tablets but not Duplagan? :-).  The former two don't
>contain much Mg but the latter does.  Tropica Master Grow also contains Mg, as

An opposing opinion on Duplagan!  Anyone else have opinions on the subject?

>does a Kent product, I'm not sure about Tetra Flora Pride, Seachems Flourish

FloraPride does not contain any Mg.

>or others.  You could try adding one of these "balanced fertilizers" or just
>Epsom salts (particularly if you're already using some other type of "balanced

Epsom Salts is magnesium sulfate, correct?  Is the stuff you buy at the drug
store suitable or does it contain extra junk we don't want?  Any problems
related to the sulfur content?
--
| Mark A. Thompson   | Certified OS/2 Engineer                 |
| rrs0062 at ibm_net    | OS/2 Advisor (Talklink OS2BBS)          |