[Prev][Next][Index]

FISHROOM discussions on aquatic plants

> From: "shaji (s.) bhaskar" <bhaskar at bnr_ca>
>
> I am curious why more people from this list don't participate in the
> weekly online discussions on aquatic plants. All you need is telnet
> access to Internet.

Based on only two sessions:

1. It's a pretty poor forum for any kind of meaningful disucussion.
   Maybe it's just my software, but trying to type more than one line
   of text is pretty tough.

2. Most of the conversations seem non-related to plants (or fish for
   that matter).  More like cocktail party small talk.

3. Too tempting to use all the "cute" features - emote, etc. - which
   creates a high noise to signal ratio.

4. My only access is from my work computer and going to work to
   experience 1 thru 3 ain't worth it.

George