[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Amano & Mike T.

>From: "Dan Resler" <resler at liberty_mas.vcu.edu>
>Date: Sun, 17 Sep 1995 22:29:14 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: Amano & Mike T.
>
>Just had a long conversation with Mike T. at Delaware Aquatics (easy
>to do - the man is not lacking in opinions <g>). Anyway, Amano's book
>came up. He was chuckling because everyone under the sun has been
>calling him asking for Riccia. And he talks them all out of using it,
>saying it just won't work. Mike claims that the stuff will look like
>the pictures for about 3 weeks, then everything next to the rocks
>starts rotting and it all goes to h*ll. Has anybody out there actually
>tried tying this stuff to rocks to see how it will do?

Keep in mind that this is the same person who belittled our precious use of
CO2.  This was three years ago when I payed a visit so I don't know if he's
changed any.  His plants are still doing well by me, I hasten to add!
Opinions!  I thought I'd never get out of his basement alive, much less
with any plants.  I think I spent two hours just trying to get the
conversation back to my purchase.

mark

mark stephens                                    "In constraint,
NASA GSFC Code 521                                is freedom"
Greenbelt, MD   20771
(301) 286-4269          mark.stephens at gsfc_nasa.gov