[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Group plant order

>From: gomberg at wcf_com (Dave Gomberg)
>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 18:01:06 PDT
>Subject: Group plant order
>
>I have been thinking about a group plant order to Horizon Growers (they give a
>break at 100 pots), but I really can't use 100 pots myself.  The price would be
>$1.80 per pot plus Priority Mail shipping.  That is usually $3-5.  They have a
>list of about 60 available species.  I will type it in if needed.

Good idea.  I'd be interested, depending on what plants are available.
I'm in the market for for relatively slow-glowing, medium-ligh plants.
Do you know if they will let you order specific plants?  The ads in
FAMA say that Horizon will pick the plants.

>The reason for this test mail is that I got a lot of crap last time I tried to
>put together something like this from someone who didn't want to do the work
>but accused me of "profiteering" for volunteering to do it.  If there will be
>more crap, forget the whole idea.  I don't want it that bad.  But I think it
>could be a benefit.  If someone else is unemployed and wants to do it, God
>bless them, let me know.  If not, I will agree to do it, but I don't want any
>crap.  You know who you are.

Dave, this is a bit strong.  I see you have been hurt by some possibly
unwarranted email, but letting off steam on this list could trigger a
flame war.

This list has polite till now, and I intend to keep it that way.
Anyone doing any mud-slinging, either as a follow-up to Dave's
message, or in any subsequent messages, will be removed from the list.
I will update the charter to make this explicit.

Let us talk plants.

-Shaji