[Prev][Next][Index]

CO2 test kit recommendations

> From: Roger Crowther <lysander at crl_com>
>
> George makes a good argument for the limited accuracy of estimating
> CO2 concentrations by interpolating from KH/pH tables.  So I suppose I
> will have to invest in *another* test kit.  What kits are recommended?
> Joanne (I think) mentioned the LaMotte kit. Is there any consensus about
> this?

I would recommend Lamotte test kits for any measurement except KH.
The Tetra kit seems to work better for KH than the Lamotte alkalinity
kit (better match to the published tables for pH/KH/CO2).  The Lamotte
kits cost more initially since most have a color comparator, but
refills are very cheap.

George