[Prev][Next][Index]

Straw vs. Algae

I have a friend who is a biologist and he has been bugging me about this
straw that kills algae for about 6 to 8 months.  I am going to be traveling
about 5 hours in the car with him this weekend so I'll try to pump him for
more info. He feels that this could be an easy way to eliminate algae. I
don't know any details so I don't want to make any specific judgements
about it. Maybe we will all be using straw in our canister filters in the
near future!?

Brad

Brad Lauchnor                    blauchno at email_state.ut.us
Environmental Engineer       (801) 538-9403
Utah Department of Environmental Quality
Chemical Demilitarization