[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #291

Not to be dense, but I could use a little clarification here.  Would you
recommend the following set-up?

-  water column
-  plain gravel (or sand; I'm thinking of setting up a swamp-motif)
---eggcrate---
-  laterite
-  plain gravel (again)
---nylon window screen---
-  ugf platform

I am kicking this set-up around (mentally :-) ) and am wondering if your
experience indicates that this setup would work OK.  I am planning to
setup a 45 high  tank with ugf running two power heads for my angels
when they get a little larger.  I haven't really finally decided on the
plants, but I'm pretty sure that Echinodora and Valisneria species will
be in the mix.

				Tom

PS.  While I'm thinking about, can anyone recommend some other South
American species for this tank?  I'm planning for angels, hatchetfish,
and a shoal of corys so water conditions will be soft and slightly acid,
temp about 80deg.  Lighting and substrate are still in the design stage,
 although I can't afford to go nuts with MH lights or the like.

> From: Earle Hamilton <ehami at sunny_ncmc.cc.mi.us>
> Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 12:47:52 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Laterite clouding and 230g update

< chomp >