[Prev][Next][Index]

RE: Chinese alges eater's

From: "T. Misiak" <misiak at fsu_fsufay.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 1995 21:19:19 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Chinese algea eaters

Hi,
	Are the chinese algea eaters good for control of algea in a
planted tank?  I've seen the siamese algea eaters recommended before but
have never seen 'em anywhere.  Local pet shop has some chinese, but I
wasn't sure if they'd help.  thanks

The chinese algea eater is very good at controlling algea but they will also eat all your plant's become very territorial and some people have reported that fish in tank's with them some times just dissapear....in any case I would never buy one but if you want some info on the best algea eaters you might want to get the october issue of Aquarium Fish Mag